eduroam users are expected to adhere to the eduroam policies, available at https://eduroam.ac.za/:
- eduroam National Policy for South Africa
- Responsibilities of eduroam Users in South Africa
SANSA eduroam accepted use policy
- Wifi access provided through the eduroam SSID is isolated from the internal SANSA network and services.
- SANSA encourages responsible use of the Internet. Such responsibility requires responsible judgment and compliance with all applicable legislation and policies.
- Any connection to SANSA-provided networks may be monitored.
- Prohibited and/or explicitly forbidden Internet use include, but are not limited to the following:
- Discrimination/Harassment - use of the Internet to send harassing messages, derogatory comments, or unlawful discriminatory messages related to age, race, sex, or religion.
- Political - use of the Internet for partisan political purposes.
- Aliases/Anonymous messages/Misrepresentation - use of aliases or transmission of anonymous messages; additionally, Internet users must not misrepresent their job titles, job descriptions, or positions in the Agency.
- Misinformation/Confidential Information - including, but not limited to, accessing certian entertainment sites, pornographic sites, sexually explicit or sexually oriented material sites, chat rooms or bulletin boards.
- Copyrights - unlawful reproduction or distribution of copy righted information, regardless of the source.
- Pursuit of private business activities or profit-making ventures - users may not operate a business with the use of SANSA’s computers or Internet resources.
- Transmission of sensitive information – transmitting sensitive Agency information without adequate security protection.